The bottle is then riddled, so that the lees settles in the neck of the wine bottle...
Manual riddling is still done for Prestige Cuvées in Champagne... mechanised riddling equipment (a gyropalette) is used instead.
(Wikipedia)
▼
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Ombudsmuybridge
If I have fully grasped comment threads such as this one, there is a position of Ombudsmøøse available at 3Bulls. I have submitted my audition tape.
The good Smutty Doktor and I will be seceding and forming our own nation, based upon the inappropriate use of both pre- and post-enlightenment woodcuts and greek fire.
It's hard to get fire insurance when you combine woodcuts and greek fire in the same blog. At the very least the insurers want a decent sprinkler system installed, and then you get the bozos who ignore the "No Smoking" sign and light up inside and set off the sprinklers.
If there were only some way of inserting alternative titles within HTML, so that they popped up whenever the cursor passed over the corresponding section of the page.
...now if, when the cursor passed over said section, the operating system should freeze up and require rebooting (not inconceivable, in my experience), that would attract my interest (many say that this is not an inconsiderable challenge).
(and I will happily buff crickets, for a nominal fee).
I'm pretty sure you missed the point chief.
ReplyDeleteThat is unpossible. I did not miss the point; the point missed me.
ReplyDeleteGee. 349 comments, each containing one or more inside jokes.
ReplyDeleteMissed the point?
That's un Possible!
It's unanimal.
ReplyDeleteThe good Smutty Doktor and I will be seceding and forming our own nation, based upon the inappropriate use of both pre- and post-enlightenment woodcuts and greek fire.
Hey.
Wanna do a trade deal?
It's hard to get fire insurance when you combine woodcuts and greek fire in the same blog. At the very least the insurers want a decent sprinkler system installed, and then you get the bozos who ignore the "No Smoking" sign and light up inside and set off the sprinklers.
ReplyDeleteIt could be worse.
ReplyDeleteYou could have my fucking water heater....
What could possibly go wrong with a free-trade deal?
ReplyDeleteHow is fucking water different from the the otehr kind?
ReplyDeleteI did not miss the point; the point missed me.
ReplyDeletecome back and let me take aim again. mikey, maybe I can borrow that repeating crossbow?
Hold still dammit, Clyde! Stop Squirming!!
fucking water
ReplyDeletePerhaps you know it under its other name, "Pabst Blue Ribbon".
where's the buff cricketer?
ReplyDeletethat moose is clearly nothing but Snag bait.
ReplyDeleteBut since none of the rest of us can get a peep out of him, well played.
But also, where's the cricket buffer?
ReplyDeletewhere's the buff cricketer?
ReplyDeleteTeh animated spiders got him.
(plus, that's never a moose)
ReplyDelete...thin at one end, much thicker in the middle and then thin again at the far end...
ReplyDeletea elk
If there were only some way of inserting alternative titles within HTML, so that they popped up whenever the cursor passed over the corresponding section of the page.
ReplyDeleteyeah, that requires paying attention... pshaw!
ReplyDeletestill have to buff these crickets.
ReplyDeleteCrickets get buff on a diet of orchid nectar and a life-style of promiscuous pollination.
ReplyDeleteThis does not necessarily work for primates.
well, THAT explains why the turtle wax wasn't working. I was a bit leery about using cross-species polishing compounds.
ReplyDeleteI'm not gonna shave that elk though.
...now if, when the cursor passed over said section, the operating system should freeze up and require rebooting (not inconceivable, in my experience), that would attract my interest (many say that this is not an inconsiderable challenge).
ReplyDelete(and I will happily buff crickets, for a nominal fee).
now if, when the cursor passed over said section, the operating system should freeze up and require rebooting
ReplyDelete...my bet would be you're running Windows.
I'm sure you'll get in even if it is an elk.
ReplyDelete3Bulls! isn't all that picky.
~
Good luck with your application, Mr. Clyde!
ReplyDelete~
Oh, it's like the parrot that wants to be a Budweiser clydesdale.
ReplyDelete3Bulls! isn't all that picky.
ReplyDeleteTell me about it.
I thought the ombudselk(ombudsœlk?) position was taken? Or maybe I'm confusing it with the ombudsemu.
ReplyDeletealways room for another ombuds. You can never be too unbiased.
ReplyDeleteOK, h8rz, is this a moose?
ReplyDeleteLove is a many-splendored thing...
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your statue porn.
ReplyDeletePinko seems like he's going to be a tough nut to crack.
~
this, of course, is a moose (and a friend of the moose).
ReplyDelete...my bet would be you're running Windows.
ReplyDelete...hectoring and cajoling, for the most part
What could possibly go wrong with a free-trade deal?
ReplyDeleteHey, that's a picture of the auto-fellating walrus!
Also, Eadweard Muybridge's name came up at the last Secret Science Club lecture. Funny how synchronicity works!
the auto-fellating walrus
ReplyDeleteFor some reason the top "Related Video" accompanying that clip on YouTube is Lady Gaga & Bad Romance.
I have also applied.
ReplyDeleteI think.
I don't know.
I'm still recovering from reading all of those damned comments.
imagine how we feel from MAKING all those damn comments.
ReplyDeleteDirty, I imagine, and tainted, and yet strangely eager for the next time.
ReplyDelete