The bottle is then riddled, so that the lees settles in the neck of the wine bottle...
Manual riddling is still done for Prestige Cuvées in Champagne... mechanised riddling equipment (a gyropalette) is used instead.
(Wikipedia)
▼
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Sesame Street has changed considerably since I was a lad
I think I must be missing something. I'm unsure of what I'm looking at here. I guess the only thing I can be sure of is at some time in the recent past Dinsdale Piranha has been by for a visit...
According to the little note in the corner, the picture hails from Wales TV. I suspect that they're preparing a public-safety broadcast about the dangers of trying to speak Welsh without proper training and protective gear.
...behind the scenes at IKEA
ReplyDeleteI assume the picture is very old as one would assume that modern bystanders would be recording the event with camera phones.
ReplyDeleteNot if they worked for H.U.D., S_McG.
ReplyDelete~
I think I must be missing something. I'm unsure of what I'm looking at here. I guess the only thing I can be sure of is at some time in the recent past Dinsdale Piranha has been by for a visit...
ReplyDeleteThis is the new CSI: Sesame Street. The head muppet is just outside the lab door, ready to say something pointed and put on his sunglasses.
ReplyDeleteI must say that clipboard porn has changed since my day, as well.
ReplyDeleteI loved it when Oscar screamed:
ReplyDeleteSAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!
According to the little note in the corner, the picture hails from Wales TV. I suspect that they're preparing a public-safety broadcast about the dangers of trying to speak Welsh without proper training and protective gear.
ReplyDeleteThe poor bastard has cut his own tongue out.
ReplyDelete