▼

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Flights of black horsemen soar over churches

Contrary to popular misconception, Neo-Gothic architecture does not actually involve black nail polish, Doc Martens or fish-net stockings.

Cristo does have a project to wrap Cologne Cathedral* in actual fish-net so it will look like it's wearing stockings, but so far the locals have vetoed this plan on account of the fish flapping about and smelling.

Gothic-revival Avionics: RIGHT

Gothic-revival Avionics: WRONG
If the engines keep falling out of your aeroplanes then you should invest in Pugin's 14-cylinder air-cooled Goblin radial engines, with the overhead tappet valves and the concentric cam shaft!

* Our Pedantry Reporter sez: Not actually a Cathedral.

13 comments:

  1. This is a recycled post isn't it?

    mensci, not lady science.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...but so far the locals have vetoed this plan on account of the fish flapping about and smelling.

    Just hold their noses.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a recycled comment isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a recycled Daemon...

    butedi, she is nice but her teddy is not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say I appreciate the repeated shouts, Ol' Smutty. I still have those fading Polaroids from that trip we took to the carnival...

    ReplyDelete
  6. on account of the fish flapping about and smelling.

    Like you humans are a bunch of freaking roses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's OK to eat fish 'cause they don't have any feelings. Kurt Cobain.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg-yYi8saZY&feature=related

    sordit, grubby IT stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot attend the service at Our Lady of the Blessed Beatings this week. I am helping a friend rebore his rotary chaos engine. It is a wankel of a job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perhaps you should seek guidance from the droning pedant that bored it the first time.

    Clearly, once it's been bored, there isn't a great deal to be...ZZZzzzzz....

    ReplyDelete
  10. La Mere des Blessures is pleased whenever you pray the Holy Rotary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. pursued by an army of birds in the rain.

    ReplyDelete