▼

Friday, July 30, 2010

Beards and Happiness: A Twin study

Left: Rudimentary beard. Right: Complete beard.
Other members of the family, with no beard at all, are too depressed to be shown here.

The left-hand twin has an ENTICINGLY LARGE FOREHEAD but the Beard effect on happiness remains significant even after controlling for this confounding variable with the use of partial regression.

11 comments:

  1. Still doing twin studies, eh? Do you continue to find that one sibling looks remarkably like the other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. c.f. Beards by Reginald Reynolds for an answer to the musical question "Does pogonotrophy correlate with hippophagy?" and why the holy roman catholic and apostolic church was cooler when they let priests wear beards (e.g. Italian Renaissance).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, wait, hang on.

    I'm looking at the picture and they BOTH have facial hair.

    I think the one on the right is the gay one, so I'm gonna guess the one on the left with the 'enticingly large forehead' is the Beard...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I expected to see a picture of Katie Holmes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. he still looks pretty cowardly to me

    ReplyDelete
  6. c.f. Beards by Reginald Reynolds
    That's going on the gift registry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And no one mentions the ear thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The guy on the right looks like William Ashbless.

    ReplyDelete