▼

Thursday, November 18, 2010

New business model

This is a new concept in Wellington, where we have only ever known pay-to-use bus shelters. Naturally the commuters are pleased. Still, we should spare a thought for the people who have been made redundant. Many of them have spent their entire lives as bus-shelter attendants and they will find it hard to retrain for new careers.

16 comments:

  1. Why does N.Z. h8 Ayn Rand so?

    WV: subleta - something to do with smut, something.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her bus sheltera were crap. made of rice paper and facing the wrong way

    ReplyDelete
  3. sheltera is the genus name for bus shelters, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Third-declension neuter plural of "sheltus".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quick Moriarty adjust your declensions, we must flee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure they could get retrained as bathroom attendants.

    sheltera is the genus name for bus shelters, actually

    War on sheltera... heh heh...

    ReplyDelete
  7. in the US they provde free bus shelters for your discomfort

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huh. The bus stop in front of my house is just a signpost in the sidewalk. Kind of a Sheltera Fuckyousis...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I normally expect more privacy at a comfort station, but I will poop where directed I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is all very nice, but where are the seals they are directing people to take? If they've run out before the shelter has even been finished that shows pretty poor planning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seals work for fish, I've heard. I think he did not want to share them with anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. NZ is not a nation of slurries or aquatic furries or whatever, tigris. No seal fetishists here. Also that's just ice-cream.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think seals would still make one a furry. So, what then, woolies?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That person in the bus shelter is not making much progress on his work, is he? Just sayin' that I don't think it's very efficient.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wooly.
    That ram knows he is being tricked somehow.

    ReplyDelete