Thursday, February 10, 2011

We welcome our new Columbian overlords

Chapter 1. At Saying Yes, fearless investigator Jennifer checks the site log and finds an odd search query:
If the picture of the reindeer is any guide, it could be an antler- or Cervidae-fetishist. What do they want with Herr Doktor Bimler?

Chapter 2. The AK-Clyde space ship threatened by wild mercurian maths masters lies disabled in the onion bed of the kitchen garden.

Chapter 3. Oh noes, my sekrit identity is revealed!


Chapter 4. Meanwhile in the master's common room. They gather for the feast Sigismund arbuthnot the mad maths master musters his rhomboids.

Chapter 5. The quarry is afoot! Also, the door is ajar.

Chapter 6. I'm busted. All right officer, I'll come quietly. Next time bring beer.
But you should talk to someone in your Department about getting something better than Windows NT. We also get a lot of hits from someone at the National Institutes of Health (Bethesda, Md.), who at least is using a Mac.

UPDATE: No recent attention from our mystery admirer. However, there was a visit this morning from someone at uscourts.gov, running WinXP and IExplorer. We will endeavour to blog more on legal issues.

12 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

If the picture of the reindeer is any guide, it could be an antler- or Cervidae-fetishist.

Silly boy, the Ombudsmoose was searching for you... that's a picture of his wife.

His first wife was a female moose, but to crib the line from Say Anything: "He dumped her for a caribou, and now she don't know what to do."

mikey said...

I'm just fascinated to learn that Jennifer's only bookmark is the New York Times.

She must LIVE in her RSS reader, is all I can figure...

Jennifer said...

Well thank gawd my SS# isn't plastered anywhere on there!

That's not my only bookmark, Mikey. I don't really use that toolbar.

Another Kiwi said...

"Don't worry" he said "they couldn't track a dinosaur through marshmallow" he said.
If you don't pay the Chaos Theory Bottling Company, things will happen.

Substance McGravitas said...

What do they want with Herr Doktor Bimler?

Health care is competitive in the US and people have poached Herr Doktors before.

Substance McGravitas said...

I don't have bookmarks in my browser. At work I have links on a wiki where others can find them and at home I have links on my blog. I have an RSS reader but I'm not really wedded to sites but the items they provide.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

IF THAT IS YOUR REAL NAME, Mister Mc_G!
~

guitarist manqué said...

people have poached Herr Doktors before.

I'd recommend roasting, with lardons and white anchovies inserted in slits. The leftovers will make a good broth.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

well, if Columbia can't muster anything better than WinNT for an OS, they are off the fucking list for Young Zombie's college candidates.

Vonnie said...

LOL
Note to self.....

Kathleen said...

It's Stoorn the hacker!!

Also, this is hilarious

fish said...

Note that the National Institutes of Health are using decent equipment and up to dare web browsers, while the US courts are using something called "Internet Explorer" which I think I read about in a book once.