▼

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Don't miss the deadline, It's almost the deadline

Doctor Freebase unveiled his plan for observing the intimate behaviour of puffer fish without altering alerting them to his presence...

This image is certainly crying out for some creativity but I cannot decide whether to go with that story, or something about alarming new developments in the Furry community.

But the deadline is coming up and tigris keeps looking over my cubicle wall and reminding me "You need to finish that blogpost you promised!" And I say "What did your last slave die of?" And tigris says something about "repeated blunt-force trauma to the head".

"We need someone to do all the hard work without expecting a salary for it," whispered Another Kiwi from the next cubicle where he labours under the knout. "Someone stupid enough to think that Extensive Experience with the Riddled Amateur Dramatic Society will be a positive addition to their CV. An intern."

"I think they're called 'Graduate students'," I said.
--------------------------------------------
UPDATE: Norman had meant to apply for membership of the Kiwanis Society, and had no inkling of his catastrophic spelling mistake until he arrived for the initiation ceremony and was presented with the ceremonial costume.

28 comments:

  1. Does this mean that a trigger-fish is a zombie puffer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This metaphysics is confuzzling.

    We need someone to do all the hard work without expecting a salary for it," whispered Another Kiwi

    Now that I recognize.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. without altering them to his presence...

    Go ahead and alter! They is ugly fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, what time is the deadline? I find it difficult to get anything done unless there is some deadline (even if artificial) to provide panic and motivation.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deadlines come and deadlines go. What are you gonna do about it, that's what I'd like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're late! We're late!
    We're late for an important date!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. As if I of all people would draw attention to anyone's lack of posting or scold them for it. I will need my full-body fencing kit back, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. That suit allows for some mighty well-defined buttocks, it does.

    And I like the proactive and forward thinking addition of helicopter lifting rings on the shoulders. Along with the ID labels on the shoes, they seem to have considered all eventualities.

    But I notice there are two exhaust vents on the headgear. Is our intrepid bringer of shallow puncture wounds expected to be smoking in there or something?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This image is certainly crying out for some creativity but I cannot decide whether to go with that story, or something about alarming new developments in the Furry community.

    How about the accentuation of TEH BUTTOCKS? Quite alluring...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uh, next time I'll read the comments first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deadlines come and deadlines go.
    Talking of Michelangelo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet you didn't know that you can identify species of scarab beetle larvae by the patterns of spines (rasters) around the anal slit.

    Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Extraordinarily enough, that was precisely how I could recognize my wife when I'd been drinking...

    ReplyDelete
  14. identify species of scarab beetle larvae

    How else would one win free tequilas during Tuesday Night Barman's Challenge sessions at the Old Entomologist?

    ReplyDelete
  15. "free tequila" is whatever an oxymoron is when it means that the good bit is balanced by a bad bit ("all-expenses-paid weekend for two in Buffalo")

    ReplyDelete
  16. Because of all the sitting you could tell John's from Ringo's anus LIKE THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. [i](rasters) around the anal slit.[/i]

    Don't be beating on the rastaman.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The internet has changed since Bob died

    ReplyDelete
  19. Extraordinarily enough, that was precisely how I could recognize my wife when I'd been drinking...

    must have been quite a scene when you were trying to find your wife at the end of the night in a crowded bar.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wistful zombie is wistful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ...what with missing an opportunity for free tequila.

    ReplyDelete