▼

Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Man with the X-Ray Eyes

Here at Riddled we hope you are all enjoying the gift-buying season.

If anyone wants to be really generous, one thing I could do with is a replacement operating manual for these Tleilaxu eyes. They seem to be stuck on the wrong setting and I can't work out how to change pupils.

In the meantime, a Merry Gristlemouse to all our readers from Skeletonickolas and all his little helpers!



Just in case people were expecting a Bauhaus video, here's Björk instead, from way back before the Sugarcube days:

14 comments:

  1. of course, I am going to mention that I saw the Sugarcubes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four hats? Did they die fighting over them? Four hat has destroyed many a nation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one thing I could do with is a replacement operating manual for these Tleilaxu eyes

    Well crap, I wish you'd said something before I got you this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They seem to be stuck on the wrong setting and I can't work out how to change pupils.

    Silly, you bought the Genus Lock-Eye brand instead of the bona fide Tleilaxu peepers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This pattern is pretty basic, so it’s safe for beginners!

    The lawyers have warned us that generic boilerplate might not do the tricks for Riddled, tigris.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly, Tleilaxu manufacturing costs are no longer competitive, and most of the eye manufacturing work has been outsourced off planet. To be fair, the product quality control has maintained a fairly high standard, but the document control people have been sorely lacking.

    I'm trying to understand the Pupil section myself, but I find myself utterly baffled by this:

    2.1.1
    Pupil Removal.

    If pupil is still connected to stalk with hex screw, it is necessary to place pressure against background with grommet and handlebar. When releases is imminent, reduce understanding and push sideways until cold. Always turn in direction of wednesday.

    So I kinda figure you're on your own. Like so many things, it's about a bicycle. On Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  7. "...a doomed world in the twilight of a dying sun."

    OOOH. Shivers. I like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://books.google.ca/books?id=CXQ8XxYKYMIC&pg=PA157&lpg=PA157&dq=lonely+great+souls&source=bl&ots=w4MaujZ-j0&sig=tic9nvTBwGYfRCVpX5XuJW-W9oc&hl=en&sa=X&ei=MrX0TuXpNYSTiQLG_v2KDQ&ved=0CF4Q6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

    ReplyDelete
  9. And...

    http://youtu.be/bqy7SnE-i1c

    ReplyDelete
  10. ditto!


    http://homepage.mac.com/doug_arrington/home/white_christmas.swf

    ReplyDelete
  11. See, here's what's wrong w/ you people: You are expected to expect a "Bauhaus" video instead of the film.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some people of course might expect a link to a different band altogether.

    Let the record show, by the way, that I recently linked to a Magazine song in a S,N! thread, and no-one commented. Philistines.

    ReplyDelete