A giant pizza wheel is stalking me. Your argument is noncupatory invalid
I have nothing in principle against the concept of the new Riddled project, i.e. a live-action remake of Dreams of the Rarebit Fiend. I do not judge, on account of reluctance to wear silly wigs. However, when tigris tells me that purposes of plot development required the replacement of welsh rarebit with pizza, I am not entirely convinced. A cynic might wonder whether the prospect of product-placement $$$ swayed the decision.
The wars over, he turned toward cookery, planning to devote his failing years to the perfection of the welsh rarebit, a dish he loved. One night he was chafing at The Bit, a tavern in Portsmouth, when he overheard a chance remark from a brawny gunner's mate in his cups.
The wars over, he turned toward cookery, planning to devote his
ReplyDeletefailing years to the perfection of the welsh rarebit, a dish he loved. One night he was chafing at The Bit, a tavern in Portsmouth, when he overheard a chance remark from a
brawny gunner's mate in his cups.
S.J. Perelman
I was perturbed by the presence of the purple pepperoni.
ReplyDelete~
I do not want to taste the pizza that needs a cutter that big. Quality over quantity, people.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I have always wanted to try Welsh Rarebit. I may have to make some soon.
ReplyDeletePoor little rarebits.
ReplyDeleteH.Rumbold, I am re-reading "Eastward Ha!'. The man had style.
ReplyDeletePerelman fans. For some reason the parental units had two copies of Crazy Like a Fox, which we read & reread. Need more of him on the Internits.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I have always wanted to try Welsh Rarebit. I may have to make some soon.
Did you get to the SOS yet?
One night he was chafing at The Bit
ReplyDeleteI didn't realise that the "champing -> chafing" malapropism goes back so far.
I bet "chomping" goes back further.
DeleteOur intrepid hero would do well to run from the weaponized cutter perpendicularly.
ReplyDeleteWhat say you, LanguageLog?
ReplyDeleteOh. I've always said "font," and now I feel chastened.
ReplyDelete