▼

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

This is the Night We Ride #2: Yearly Hall-of-Ween blogging

Comity and jollity do not abide amongst the punters at the Old Entomologist tonight for it is All Hallow's Eve in Kiwiland, and head barmaid Evangeline van Holsterin has rezoned the Garden Bar (usually the venue of midweek Unsober Minigolf) as a Feast of Fright for the Family. There is a piñata and scary staged mannequin scenes but NO BEER OUTSIDE. Note also the lamentable lack of Sexy Honey-Badger Costumes.


What would normally be a haven of tranquillity and contemplation and dulcet voices raised in a chorus of "Friggin' in the Riggin'" is now a pullulating sea of high-pitched young persons in a state of pleasurable trepidation. They even followed me when I stomped off up the hill towards Hole 3 (the Blasted Tree; par 4) in a state of high gudgeon, calling out coarse epithets which it is not necessary to repeat here.

AK was better-prepared. In the foreground he is showing off the Bag-o-Poo that he will dole out to the next little fecker who honey-badgers him for a 'trick or treat'. No wonder tigris is wiping her nose on a fruitbat. He has shortened his name to 'A' because we are all on first-name terms, and in the hope of remaining anonymous.


At E, Greenish Hugh is performing another of his celebrated Max Ernst Painting Reenactments. Sometimes I suspect that he is not entirely clear on the concept.

22 comments:

  1. I can already tell this post is just B^4 bait. If you're so hot for Sexy Mustard, just google it yourself, pervert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, ok.

    No, no, I GET it. I do.

    But pray tell, why are the pigs so angry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birds are angry, it's the pigs who are smug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't you like to four-score with Sexy Abe Lincoln?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You evoked E, painting and concept in one post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't escape the E painting concept monster with a title change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Max Ernst Painting Reenactments

    Huh, I thought it was l'apres-midi d'un Vert-Jaune.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad Thundra likes the hat, I found it in a dumpster outside a very posh tattooist down by the wharves.
    The thing about the E painting is that you all buy it but we will be unveiling a new platform for it called Eezel next year and it will be incompatible with this system. it will, however, allow you to choose between 5 different painting themes. Indulge your creativity!
    Also bears not pigs and ignore the stoning going on in the background, it's the Romney campaign distributing canned goods to the poors, good and hard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The guy on the left of the trio in the right foreground is making a certain gesture that I think we all understand.

    What's par for Hole D? Looks tough.

    And which Gudgeon were you aboard?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Submarines named after the gudgeon? Freals?
    I am disappoint by the absence of a USS Goby. The existence of a USS Turbot and a USS Halibut goes only so far to assuage my sorrow.

    The guy on the left of the trio in the right foreground is making a certain gesture

    AK's bag-a-poo has not gone unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sexy Mustard. NOT SEXY FOR WORK!

    (Sorry, no treat, just a trick: That part of Scorpio Rising isn't easily available & I still have to oil/lube the anti-moocher bear-traps.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ignore the stoning going on in the background

    Those people at Hole C are picking up the balls to drop them in the hole. That is neither cricket nor minigolf.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfectly acceptable for mini golf, should one be fully armed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. also bears not pigs

    So they would have you believe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of us bear a pig.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those people at Hole C are picking up the balls to drop them in the hole. That is neither cricket nor minigolf.

    But is it cornhole?

    I dare you to click on that link.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always with the obey.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cornhole studies include Townshend, P. (1982). Bao (mankala): the Swahili ethic in African idiom. Paideuma 28:175-191.
    After "It's Hard" Pete probably needed a rest.

    ReplyDelete