▼

Friday, October 12, 2012

Who is this Open Mike, then?

Freestage Night at the Old Entymolgist is a hit and miss affair. Usually when enraged patrons take a swing at one, they miss. What with the strength of Olde Duodenum's Spiky Cider it is a wonder that they can stand, in my view.  Last week was Shakespeare Night and here we see Smut Clyde doing his Prospero. 

I said that having a little sock puppet mouse coming up and looking out of the pot he was holding would take away from the gravity of the "Now my charms " speech but he got more votes than me.
Note AK in my Richard III costume down in front.  Here I am from later in the night with Evangaline van Holsterin's horse "Mr. Kraken will eat you" (an evil tempered beast given to rolling in swamps). The sword is not just for show.
Here is tigris and Greenish Hugh doing soppy Romeo and Juliet.
I think putting super glue on the rungs was very funny.
These people turned up and did Macbeth.  LAME OR WHAT!!!
But, of course, Mrs Thompson's performing dogs won with their "sensitive" portrayal of the court scene in the Merchant of Venice. How sensitive is biting people who are trying to feed the little treasures? I give and I give...

 

12 comments:

  1. You, AK, are just too damn cute..I adore you for making me think AND laugh! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A.K. looks like he's ready to take on the toughest orcs in the realm.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, freestyle night?

    Motherfuckers fail
    With the Christmas Ale
    It's puked out in a pail-
    Bitch that's no sale
    You don't love craft
    That's factory piss
    But y'all drink up
    There's more a dis
    Amateur night at the OE's done
    Upside-down punks
    Fall into the sun
    Shakes peer-review
    Says rewrite/redo
    Get thee to a nunnery
    And catch a clue
    AK's 47 and needs a nap
    You got the itch to act?
    That ain't an itch it's the clap
    Smut C? Just corn,
    And I got the cite:
    He thinks he's in colour
    But it's black and white
    Tigris mus this and
    Then mus that
    It don't matter when his brain's been
    Et by the cat
    Now here's some civet-cat coffee
    To calm the nerves
    Evangeline van Holsterin:
    YOU GOT SERVED.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Open Mike...I quit hanging out with him after he over-shared the incident with the Night Train, vegetable oil and the ferrets.

    Not cool, man, THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SECRET.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, too. If SC would like to keep his "doings" with Prospero from Open Mike's prying eyes (and running mouth) he should consider exiting the stage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prospero's Books turn out to be extremely complex, what with the shell companies and the depreciation of assets* and the tax status of the Vex'd Bermoothes. It may be a job for a forensic accountant.

    * I.e. Ariel writing 'Prospero is a Wanker' on the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't love craft
    That's factory piss


    I see what you do there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dunno if he still is, but Walter Murch was a major donor to this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Present for VS!
    Many hands are not making the light work, there and I think that I speak for all of us when I say, thank fuck for that.

    ReplyDelete