Friday, February 1, 2013

Sleep... Vastly over-rated

Artist's impression of HTML Mencken, Sadlynaut, currently suffering from insomnia:
400 Quatloos and a 20-blackbird pie from Mrs Miggins (now metricated!) for the first commenter who can provide a link to the Max Headroom episode where someone asks Bryce Lynch, "Don't you ever sleep?" "Only physically."

12 comments:

  1. I tried, old chum, but I couldn't get any further than looking up photos of Amanda Pays. Hubba hubba!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't sleep in the '80s. Didn't miss a minute of that blighted decade.

    I'm actively working to make up for lost Zeds....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't be arsed to search Ute Oob for less than 600 quatloos, a blackbird pie (I'm flexible on the actual bird count), and a pint of your best Strong Ale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So YOU were the one who watched Max Headroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is when we think of the immortal words of the bard: "To sleep, perchance to scream."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna have to get more than 5 hour chunks soon or circuits will start shorting.

    -HTML

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Don't you ever sleep?" "Only physically."

    And not "I don't dream, I perform subconscious calculations," yes?

    ReplyDelete
  8. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k9TzWCbrUg
    He says it at 29:35 in the original film.

    ReplyDelete