I have read that pigeons are actually fairy intelligent; it doesn't surprise me terribly, I think most birds are, despite not having a mammalian brain structure. They are basically highly advanced little dinosaurs. (African Greys are quite personable and funny, even.)
But then I also like rats.
Anyhow, brains or not, they certainly do seem to be a successful species, like rats and humans. I actually miss hearing the sound of them in the morning - time to go back to Krakow, or pretty much anywhere in Central/Eastern Europe.
Without pigeons, life itself would be unpossible!
Are they like one of those non-obvious sexes necessary for human reproduction, like in Slaughterhouse Five?
Those pigeons have a lot of balls.
ReplyDeleteLooks like granular vomit. I bet the orange sprinkles are bits of spontaneously generated carrot.
ReplyDelete...also - what odd looking unicorns!
ReplyDeleteWithout pigeons, life itself would be unpossible!
ReplyDelete~
ITTDGY: True. What else would Tom do on a Sunday?
ReplyDeleteI have read that pigeons are actually fairy intelligent; it doesn't surprise me terribly, I think most birds are, despite not having a mammalian brain structure. They are basically highly advanced little dinosaurs. (African Greys are quite personable and funny, even.)
ReplyDeleteBut then I also like rats.
Anyhow, brains or not, they certainly do seem to be a successful species, like rats and humans. I actually miss hearing the sound of them in the morning - time to go back to Krakow, or pretty much anywhere in Central/Eastern Europe.
Without pigeons, life itself would be unpossible!
Are they like one of those non-obvious sexes necessary for human reproduction, like in Slaughterhouse Five?