▼

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Beckett-Blogging

The Vulture Zombie

dragging his hunger through the sky
of my skull shell of sky and earth

stooping to the prone who must
soon take up their life and walk

mocked by a tissue that may not serve
till hunger earth and sky be offal

18 comments:

  1. And sky be offal
    I'd rather it was a waffle

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nagging cough'll
    put you off your waffle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wattle we do about the waffle
    If we do nothing maybe Phil Goff'll

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and the dog, Minstrel...

    inecti, ancient Latin for - up yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, that's very insightful.

    well done, sirs. a round of bathtub gin?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We only plagiarise from the best.

    ...and the dog, Minstrel...
    Are you implying that any of the Riddled staff is Sam Hunt??! [NZ rhyming slang]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made Smut explain hisself mawahahwaaaaa.

    inworebb, and out yo ear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zombies pose no questions.

    scacy. a calm sea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I drank the cup they offered me
    Offal, souls and fiddle-dee-dee
    You think I cheated there, I bet
    But you have no idea, Yvette
    You offer nothing, then you laugh
    I accept nothing but your damn Giraffe
    You think you know the path this takes
    But many of your ideas are fakes
    I drink deep and sadly trudge
    I did not expect fairness from the judge
    And now you think your story's nigh
    'tis only for the truth to die...

    ReplyDelete
  10. are you refusing zombie bathtub gin?

    I am suspicious of Zombie intentions.
    ----------------------------
    Krendler made a face: "The soup is not good."
    "Actually, it's more of a parsley and thyme infusion," the doctor said, "and more for our sake than yours. Have another few swallows, and let it circulate."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Slowly, Krendler put down his spoon. He touched his lips with the napkin and looked about for a moment, then set it down next to his bowl.

    "Circulate" he repeated, and raised his eyes to gaze deeply at Fitch. "And then?" he asked.

    Fitch struggled to retain the advantage. "Yes. There is nothing to be lost", he said.

    Krendler nodded and stood up. "There is never anything to be lost" he commented, somewhat absently as he reached for the brandy. Once again, his eyes rose to lock on the hapless Fitch. "Might you have a cigar?", he asked....

    ReplyDelete
  12. No wonder they murdered that guy in the cathedral.

    ReplyDelete
  13. And sky be offal
    I'd rather it was a waffle


    But, but spleen sandwiches are delicioso!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ..laden or unladen?

    Bin laden

    ReplyDelete
  15. Come as you are, chilly bin laden in all your well stored glory.

    dramirce, whiskey empathy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "mocked by a tissue" is, indeed, a low blow, when your liver starts laughing at you

    ReplyDelete