▼

Monday, September 6, 2010

Poem

I saw the shadow mountain.
On the horizon,
it looked fragile.
An eggshell portrait.
I wondered how this thing
of light and air.
Could stand for the eons,
that it has.
Has it looked like this before?
and what those who saw it,
then, thought it was showing them.
Because I thought it was a hopeful thing.
To say "look, there is still
beauty in this world
beyond your situation"
Maybe it is a mirror to peoples concerns
and they would see the translucency
as impermanence?
Maybe I should just
admire the beauty
like  water for my soul.
Not think that it's there for me,
especially.
As I then did.

9 comments:

  1. Love this. Mountains have more patience than trees, yet all fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Falling is about the only certainty I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, and very evocative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My soul needs nectar, but your mileage may vary, A.K.

    Beautiful poem.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Smut something is not right in the division of those orbs.
    Might be polyphosphate deficiency

    ReplyDelete
  6. there is still
    beauty in this world
    beyond your situation


    good words

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not think that it's there for me,
    especially.
    As I then did.


    Well, you shared the luverliness with us after the fact. I would never begrudge your "selfishness" at the time.

    ReplyDelete