The bottle is then riddled, so that the lees settles in the neck of the wine bottle...
Manual riddling is still done for Prestige Cuvées in Champagne... mechanised riddling equipment (a gyropalette) is used instead.
(Wikipedia)
▼
Monday, October 25, 2010
Have you seen this Orb?
Everyone down at the Old Entomologist was shocked to hear of a mysterious attack on beehives. Police have released an image recorded by the apiarist's security painter.
Can't find any larger images on the much-vaunted Intertuba. There's a nice shiny photograph in the catalog of Radziwill's 1982 retrospective which I'll scan when I get the chance.
Mr Barriball has offered a year's supply of honey to anyone with information which leads to a conviction of those responsible.
ReplyDeleteHe'd better pony up, 'cos I'm looking to make a batch of mellified man:
I believe Mr. Bastard knows more than he's letting on.
ReplyDeleteLi reports a story that some elderly men in Arabia
ReplyDeleteLi of the flawed character? I would believe that all right!