Someone is selling a crappy little "Black Death European Tour" T-shirt.Let the record show that back in August 2000 I was making my own crappy little Black Death T-shirt, to wear when attending the ECVP conference in Groningen.
Then M$ updated the piece of unmitigated shite formerly known as Publisher, and perhaps they blocked some of the memory leaks and unpredictable crashing to which version 2 was prone, but version 3.0 would no longer read the files.
Now, though, Zamzar is happy to convert those old .pub files into PDF format, so I can see the outcome again for the first time in a decade.
Teh fonts are out of whack but it's GEFGW.
That's an awesome design. I see you did that with iron-on. May I use the design to print a shirt via silkscreen*? (Surely you'd like one or two also.) Normally I'd just steal what I find but I respect you and this design enough to ask permission.
ReplyDelete*I'm strictly noncommercial. It's a hobby.
I'm confused. Shouldn't it be "Big Black Death" or "Black Death II" or "Return of the Black Death", something paying homage to the Plague of 540 - you know, the one that depopulated Constantinople but was nowhere NEAR virulent enough to actually kill Justinian?
ReplyDeleteVisually, at least, there appears to be a strong resemblance between Aerosmith and The Black Death.
ReplyDeleteI for one would like my own Indian version.
ReplyDeletetedrolog, cannot tell you this.
May I use the design to print a shirt via silkscreen?
ReplyDeleteGo for it. I got inspired to muck around with the files -- turning them into documents, sorting out the typefaces and saving them as pdfs again. Results are uploaded here:
Front and
back.
Shouldn't it be "Big Black Death"
OK, it's a reunion tour.
Lovin' that.
ReplyDeleteThe one I saw back in the day had the caption, "The rat's back, and he's ready to party."
ReplyDeleteI believe the Benedictines were putting out "Black Death World Tour" surplices as merch. as early as the mid-fifteenth century.
Black Blade?
ReplyDeleteOh noes, is the reaper!
ReplyDeleteBlue Oyster Lolcatz.
ReplyDelete