▼

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

If life gives you kinks...

Not many people realise how easy it is to make your own Thomas Kinkade paintings in the comfort of your own soundproofed basement 'playroom':
  1. Start with a Van Gogh painting.
  2. Reverse all the colours.
  3. Paint over here and there with a christmas tree and a snowman if you're not afraid of skirting the boundaries of taste.
  4. Profit!!
Indeed, some would have it that Kinkade himself uses exactly this procedure.
No wonder Van Gogh shot himself.

27 comments:

  1. Thank you, sounds like the perfect new hobby for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also: "If life gives you Kinks" for teh funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Kinkade painting is much cheerier and more emotionally supportive than the Van Gogh. Cheaper too I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack. The first one is so moodily beautiful.

    I'm just glad the second pic is not of the moon; I'd never be able to tellr them apart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Smut?? If perchance you run across hdb... tell him to check his email.

    I will not comment on Kinkade... I have sad...

    ReplyDelete
  6. why do things always look on fire in a Kincade?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishful thinking on your part Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. why do things always look on fire in a Kincade?

    Because they should be...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someone else has noticed the potential for Kinkade / Caspar David Friedrich crossovers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At first I thought that site was:

    SOMETHINGGALLFULL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great, thanks for ruining CDF for me. You got any "Rowling rewrites Hoffman" links while you're at it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What I want now is a Thomas Kinkade/H.R. Giger mashup

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tigris has now inspired me to rewrite 'Kater Murr' in the style of Erin Hunter. BRB.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank Blob I didn't mention my "Justin Bieber sings Schoenberg" phobia... oh crap.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome links, mr. S.C. (if that is your real name).
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know who this 'Justin Bieber' is, but a parrot trained to perform Sprechstimme would be nice.
    It would have to be called Parrot Lunaire, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I dunno, I really am having a lot of difficulty following this discussion and I can be arsed to do all those google and wiki searches to be able to pretend (poorly) that I know what the HELL y'all are on about.

    But I will leave you with this historical note. In the late nineties, I managed all the sales collateral for the Kinkade empire.

    Yep. It was a CDROM I built, every month, that went out to every retail outlet that handled kinkade merch, that included the painting o'the month, and all the materials necessary to do the ad in a newspaper or magazine.

    I helped destroy art in America and they paid like a fucking slot machine!!

    Bless their hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  18. It will be a chapter in the novel of his life "In which our hero consorts with evil and is richly rewarded"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Helping Bastards.

    From the H.R. Giger Hobbit calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Smut Clyde said...
    For Kathleen.


    ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  21. From the H.R. Giger Hobbit calendar!

    my thought exactly

    ReplyDelete
  22. Photoshop competition: Giger set designs for Hobbit.
    Best entry gets sent to Peter Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Also, he is very reluctant to critique anyone’s artwork, being reminded of the fact that if he had listened to the advice of his own teachers, he would not be an artist today.

    ...put that in your curriculum and smoke it!

    ReplyDelete