▼

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Question for the esteemed readership

Yesterday, whilst out driving and comparing other people's houses to ours (they think they're so classy with glass windows) we were overtaken in a 19-year-old-male sort of way by the standard menacing 4WD so beloved of my fellow New Zilders. This one, however did not have the "THE EARTH IS COOLING" sticker on it but did have a Christian fish symbol with a Star of David inside it. My wife and I have been to Wellington on two occasions so are considered well informed in these parts but cannot remember having seen this. Does anyone know what it signifies? A virtual chocolate fish to the helpfulest pixie

19 comments:

  1. well, it certainly signifies a fair bit of confusion on the driver's part.

    Or, perhaps, one imaginary sky fairy is as good as another, so why not double down? Add some noodles to cover the FSM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the Great Gazoogle, and found another blog asking the same question.

    Survey said...Jews for Jesus.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a symbolic reference to the story of Jonah. Or of fish going to a deli for matzoh ball soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's certainly representative of a high level of sectarian incoherence, but when you think about the simplistic geopolitical, historical and racial tenets underlying the ideological statement, the phrase "a terrible love of war" comes to mind...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one with the word "Gefilte" inside cracked me up the first time I saw it.

    These two take it to The Next Level.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why thank you very much, A.K.

    And I will note that they taste even better if you keep them in the freezer.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also keeps them quiet inna freezer.
    Thanks for the answer everyone. It was a bit unusual and interesting how they shouldered past us on a suburban road.
    In a hurry for that Armageddon, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thunder is a pixie? Don't pixies have to be adorable...like me? does thunder even APPRECIATE chocolate fish?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew this would happen, SORE LOSERS, I mean.
    Mr. Thundra is positively exquisite and if he is not a pixie he should be one.
    What's to appreciate in a chocolate fish? As we in the rightside up lands say, there's no bones in them.
    But, you know, please stay on the line, your call is important to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Question for the esteemed readership

    Are there readers I am not aware of?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought he was referring to me...then he denied me the chocolate fish and my heart shattered into a kajillion pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also that fish looks like a turd. Enjoy your fishTURD, thunder!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The banhammer of banning is quivering over some people who should know better seeing as how they are parents.
    BAD EXAMPLES!!!

    Here's some glue for broken hartz

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Must credit" indeed.

    NOTE: Prevent images from turning into ChristArt ads on your website. Copy any images you wish to use to your own server. We change the URL path to ChristArt's images periodically to discourage websites from pulling images from ChristArt's server. Any clipart pulled from an old path will we [sic] replaced with an advertisement for ChristArt.com.

    ReplyDelete
  15. does thunder even APPRECIATE chocolate fish?

    No.

    ReplyDelete