▼

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Repeal Gravity

An offshoot of the South Florida Tea Party called "Tea Party In Space" is looking to break apart the government's socialist takeover of the final frontier.

Andrew L. Gasser [...] explained that the group aims to bring the free markets into the space program, because right now, he say, there is only the government -- which amounts to socialism. "It is socialism when you have the government coming down and saying, 'this is what we want to build, and this is how we want you to build it,'" he said.
Evidently he has heard rumours of South Bay on Venus where the blanket trees and ham bushes and soap roots grow freely, and is angry at the government regulations that stop him migrating to a colony there.

11 comments:

  1. Gravity--being a thing that is real--has a liberal bias.

    You joke about his living on Venus...but, god, just imagine for a moment how glorious it would be if the tea-travelers were living in tacky gated communities ON MARS...instead of here. *wistful sigh, trickling tear*

    It's a beautiful thought, man. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needs some sort of fund-raising campaign. A walk-a-thon perhaps, or the Hoveround equivalent. We could call it, I don't know, the March of [suggestions welcome].

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...while they're out there they can look for what's-his-name's teapot

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is not a 'novelty teapot' post, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. living in tacky domed communities ON MARS

    Accuracy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd chip in for their fundraiser or would that be Soshulesm?

    "The March to Build the B-Ark," I'd call it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Substance stoled my joke. I wish to report him to the Riddled Sergeant-At-Arms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can just hear one of them at the meeting saying:

    No libruls, fags, or darkies on the moon... WOLVERINES!!!

    Moon Base Galt

    ReplyDelete
  9. March of Dumbs.

    Morons are so last century.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is gravity mentioned in the Constitution?

    I THINK NOT! The framers did not believe in gravity or gravitas, and I am forced to conclude, Subtance McGravitas. Also.
    ~

    ReplyDelete