▼

Friday, November 18, 2011

And it's semi-detached in a world of stone

Symptoms of Gorgon syndrome may include acephaly.
Transplant surgery is an option but the replacement is seldom satisfactory.
The agony of Gorgonism is accompanied in some cases by a transformation into Michael Goodliffe as the disease progresses.
Fortunately, advances in medical science have provided a form of preventative immunisation against Gorgonism.
However, there is still room for improvement in anti-Gorgon techniques.

The stone implant undergoes progressive changes that reduce its effectiveness so it must be replaced periodically.

No, wait -- that's not an implanted statue. That's my dead calcified soul.


14 comments:

  1. How do you stay so long in this state of abstraction? It's fascinating. Does weed help? It would help me. I gotta see a doctor who will give me a scrip, then I think it will be even more sparkly reading Riddled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The peacock is afraid to parade;
    You're under the thumb of the maid"

    -Joni Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you stay so long in this state of abstraction?

    Certain members of the family reckon that if anything I am in a state of concretion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Concretion?" That reminds me of something--- one of the most stupid psychologists I've ever met in my life suggested that (like so many do) that I use my art for therapy--- yeah, the one thing I have that is totally mine, let's use it for issues I have with other people's pathologies----ANYWAY--- he suggested that I write "concrete poetry". I asked a cyberbuddy what she thought "concrete poetry" might be and she said that it was like the ABC song or other some other device for memorization. She suggested that I write him a poem about the symptoms of botulism.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this of any use? -

    http://ask.metafilter.com/185754/Is-It-Me-or-Is-It-the-Universe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I asked a cyberbuddy what she thought "concrete poetry"

    It needs rigid forms.

    And vibrators SHUT UP ZOMBIE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There it is. Concrete poetry. You guys have all the answers, I tell ya. Looks like a bit too much work and too many sacks of concrete to indulge a stupid idea that a stupid psychologist picked up in a class about "art therapy," though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Regarding this blog post has caused me no small amount of stress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was intended as a change from the usual frivolous weirdness.

    ReplyDelete