▼

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Questions that keep one awake at night, #172: Who is the Muse of jump-rope?

Competitive Double-Dutch Skipping is hard enough with the ropes. It does not become any easier when someone... not naming names... but it was obviously someone's turn to bring the ropes while the practice session is so far notable for its pronounced state of ropelessness. Again.
You'd think that with half-a-dozen divinities and allegorical figures comprising the team they would be a little more organised, if only as an example to mortals. But there's C feeling half-way guilty and trying to distract everyone else by blaming A; A in turn has suddenly realised that the babby is all that matters so don't bother her about ropes at a moment like this; G is all holier-than-thou; while E is lighting her farts again.

19 comments:

  1. ...lighting her farts

    so that's what "virtutum" means!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lighting her farts

    I held the match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This?

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/42080330@N03/3938375234/

    ReplyDelete
  4. and possibly this...

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/42080330@N03/4921542834/

    ReplyDelete
  5. E is lighting her farts again.

    Looks like it must be a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thunder, thanks for the live link! Mind if I ask, how do you DO that?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Rachel's links, I'm guessing that in Hollandaise, "dood" means dead or death.

    Are D/B & H/E* members of the multiple manta club?


    *High Explosive, see what you did?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel, what you have to do is type <a href=""></a> and stick the link between the quotes and then stick the words you want to say right before the </a> .

    But it's easier to cheat to get something else to type it for you.

    This page will make links for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooner or later, Substance types everything for us.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. But I'm not going to wait for Mr. McGravitas (if that is his real name!!!1!) to type this.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have come close to typing that in the hope of entertaining The Lovely Daughter. NO GO. She just wants to watch this guy try to sell her toys.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Substa,

    So where's Mr. Smut???

    ReplyDelete
  13. So where's Mr. Smut???

    Sekrit Riddled Mission, no doubt.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. My client, Smut Clyde, is an undisclosed location as the New Zild roads are too dangerous for us both to be on them at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the spider web, Rachel.

    Ha! As any fule kno, spider web poster is referencing Belgian symbolist paintings, and less directly, this painting.

    I hope Jennifer is helped.

    a match made in heaven.
    Substance is banned.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So where's Mr. Smut???

    Visiting far-off backwaters of NZ far from internet access, to find exotic fungi and eat them.
    Mahia is banjo-music country.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had no idea spiders were Belgian. They probably put mayonnaise on their French Flies.

    ReplyDelete