▼

Monday, December 10, 2012

When Glen Baxter cartoons go horribly wrong.

James Joyce (at left, with the bow-tie) explains to his newly-hired secretary (Samuel Beckett, at right) the full range of his secretarial duties. The levitating furniture does not look very comfortable to me.

Beckett would not be so sanguine if he knew of the long-term effects of bread-pellet abuse, as shown in Joyce's long-term companion Nora Barnacle, who has spiralled further into helpless addiction.

12 comments:

  1. I think that photo is supposed to be some sort of "sexy walrus" fetishism.

    IBIMB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look, Grape Nuts are an acquired taste on a good day, but that's just plain doin' it worng!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm no expert but I'd have to guess that the patent for "A Process and Method for Removing Sinus Blockages With TNT" was not granted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Licorice in the nose. Okay, could be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richie Goulding was taking bread pills for Bright's Disease in Ulysses, but Joyce didn't specify nasal insertion. Joyce and Beckett playing pitch and putt is amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Licorice in the nose.

    Where licorice comes from, Mr McG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "bread pellet abuse"

    I've been told by little birds that it's nothing to worry about.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've been told about little birds that if they eat too much raw rice (as thrown at weddings, e.g.) they have potentially serious digestive problems

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where licorice comes from, Mr McG.

    Hmm...investigating...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe you are wrong and now I have a nosebleed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If it's clear fluid coming out, you have probed too far.

    ReplyDelete