Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Palin shows the Right Stuff

In the wake of her amazingly rating TV programme, Momma Grizzly has a few grizzles.
Karl Rove, President George Bush's chief political strategist, has said that Palin lacks gravitas* for appearing on her own television reality show. "I know that a hurdle I would have to cross, that some other potential candidates wouldn't have to cross right out of the chute, is proving my record.
"That's the most frustrating thing for me‚ the warped and perverted description of my record and what I've accomplished over the last two decades.
"It's been much more perplexing to me than where the lamestream media has wanted to go about my personal life. And other candidates haven't faced these criticisms the way I have," she said.
Yes, she said lamestream. But she and Todd are capable of learned behaviours:
"What Todd and I learned was that the view inside the bus was much better than underneath it, and we knew we got thrown under it by certain aides who weren't principled‚" and that "the experience taught us, yes, to be on guard and be very discerning about who we can and can't trust in the political arena."
Right, so everyone has picked on her and some people in the McCain camp were mean to her and Sooper Dood.
It is the perfect example of the doublethink most conservatives have "We are the most specialest people in the world and bestride the globe like colossi, everyone hates us, it's not fair."

Love the Momma Grizzling touch here
"I'm engaged in the internal deliberations candidly, and having that discussion with my family, because my family is the most important consideration here," she said
"Shut up you brats, I'm going to be the Preznit"
"AWWWWW MUUUUUM"
"Shut up I'm doin' it. Wipe that smile off your face Todd, you have to help and you don't get an office"
"But snooks, Mrs Governor, I have to do the Iditarod sled dog race. Well now you look at me that way it is just a dog race, eh?"

*And Karl Rove knows from Gravitas.

8 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I thought you couldn't see Bible Spice's Economics Lecture in Upsidedownland????

In any case references to chutes, right stuff, and Palin gravy just shows lack of respect for this world class polly-tickian on your part, A.K.

(IF that is your real name!)
~

J— said...

We are the most specialest people in the world and bestride the globe like colossi

A call to photoshop.

Hamish Mack said...

I still can't see Teh Old Perfessors talk, this is from the writing down, page turny thing from the UK where the Queen is real.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

If the Queen™ was reel, you could dragon in some big fish, right?
~

Emma said...

Our bog is dood :<

Um: "I'm engaged in the internal deliberations candidly"?

How would it be possible to engage in "internal deliberations" (what those of us who know big words might refer to as "thoughts") in a way that was not candid? I know it is bad form to try and parse Palin's comments for reasonableness, but -- but -- how? Is that possible?? Does she usually try to hide the fact that she's thinking from herself? Actually, that explains a lot.

Conservatives in this country get a lot of mileage out of being hated by all the right people. They're the inverse of snobs, but with the same precise result of promoting elitism and divisiveness. If an old white English politician in white gloves and pearls trotted out the "we're us and they're them" line in received pronunciation on the teevee, she would be slaughtered. But that "real Americans" nonsense is exactly the same thing, only worse -- and the real Americans are just too stupid to notice. (Or, they like feeling exceptional, for whatever definition of "exceptional" involves homophobia, racism, and evolution-negating stupidity.)

Substance McGravitas said...

I'm engaged in the internal deliberations candidly

Slayer would put have said "feel the knife pierce you intensely."

Hamish Mack said...

Oh yes, let's have Slayer as the next Guvnor in Alaska.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

bestride the globe like colossi

Ozymandumbass, dink of dinks.