Sunday, May 29, 2011

No longer protected by this world of stone

The Silurian-era hunters are armed only with their primitive bows and arrows, while the mighty Collembola is many times their size.
Nevertheless, the conclusion of the hunt is never seriously in doubt, for the hunters & collectors have the advantages of teamwork and low rat cunning. This cave painting depicts their quarry pierced by at least seven arrows. The Clan of the Springtail surely ate well that night.
The Collembola also appears to be equipped with a Predator-style cloaking device and can only be seen clearly after its death.

12 comments:

ckc (not kc) said...

Does the collophore go to the left or the right of the forcula? - I can never remember.

ckc (not kc) said...

(if I'd said furcula it wouldn't have been nearly as funny)

mikey said...

Two words.

.338 Lapua Magnum.

Wait.

How many words is that?

Substance McGravitas said...

Making no reference whatsoever to the orb in the top right of the picture will win you ZERO POINTS.

Smut Clyde said...

.338

Shirley you mean .5318008.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Speaking of orbs, is it getting to be orb season for the upsidedownies?

I've heard a report...
~

tigris said...

The Silurian-era hunters are armed only with their primitive bows and arrows

AND their primitive contrast tool, painstakingly knapped from miniflint.

Hamish Mack said...

Was this hunting before or after the dinosaurs that people rode on?
P.S. Love them hunnas

Willy said...

Skin findings:
crystals
sparkly particles
crusty particles
sticky particles
white specks
black specks
fibers
hair, dust
one or more of above


Patient: Doktor! I have a skin infestation of sparkly particles!

Doktor: A clear case of Kei$hatosis.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I never knew the Silures were so small- it's a wonder they put up such a fight against the Romans.

Smut Clyde said...

Imagine my embarrassment when I am forced to admit that any mention of the Silurian era reminds me of these ophidian superscientists from the primeval underworld.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Imagine my embarrassment when I am forced to admit that any mention of the Silurian era reminds me of these ophidian superscientists from the primeval underworld.

I never knew Robert E. Howard and Clark Ashton Smith were BBC staff writers.