Thursday, January 31, 2013

Becoz I loves youse all

  In this FREE one-hour program, Sound Opinions marks the 35th anniversary of one of the most significant years in rock and roll history. 1977’s punk explosion energized young musicians, scandalized their parents, and changed the music industry forever. Hosts Jim DeRogatis and Greg Kot introduce listeners to the personalities, bands, and landmark records of this game-changing year, from The Ramones’ "Rocket to Russia," to The Talking Heads’ "77," to the Sex Pistols’ "Never Mind the Bollocks."
Programme is here

6 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I bet they don't even mention the Mekons first album. Hmmpf.

mikey said...

'77 was a pretty important year in the making of mikey. Lots of music, laughter, love and too much bloodshed...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Or the Saucers.
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...



"Becoz I loves youse all"

That nearly gave me an aneurysm.

Hamish Mack said...

Zombie bait that can't be beat,
grammar zombie bites a treat.
No need for flies or for meat,
zombie bait works real neat.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Thank you, kind sir! I still listen to the "Flying Nun" retrospective you sent me a link to. Some people may say, "1977 was not significant", but I say, "Oh, haters, up yours!"

Glad to see they included a song by the "Spex".