Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Dear Editors,
I never thought this would happen to me, but...

...the barstaff at The Union gave me a free pint of Naked Fox IPA -- "This one's on the house".

It may have helped that I had been scribbling work-related stuff at my end of the bar, occasionally looking up to marvel at the amount of physical exercise that goes into mixing cocktails, and at the supply of cocktail-related fruit and herbs that gave that end of the bar the appearance of a miniature greengrocery. Perhaps the mixologist had mistaken me for a bar reviewer, or a beer-blogger. Either that, or it was my irresistible good looks.
McGravitas
I had already become a fixture at that particular bar; Substance McGravitas and I spent some time there a few nights earlier, working our way through the ales. No doubt we impressed the bar-staff with our banter and witty badinage.

Then this turned up in McGravitas' FaceBukkake Feed: an interview with the mixologist in question. We knew her before she was famous!

7 comments:

OBS said...

I miss Substance McG :-(

Say "Hi" to him for me if/when you see him again.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Yeah, please say hello to SMcG for me as well... he has an enticing forehead.

Yastreblyansky said...

Tritto.

Smut Clyde said...

If SMcG were any more popular and wonderfully run after, he could change his name to Old Man Kangaroo.

M. Bouffant said...

Time has no effect on Mr. McGravitas, do it?

rhwombat said...

Monsieur Flaming Brain - I suspect that it's actually McGravity, and it's all due to the relativistic time dilatation.

J— said...

Yes, regards to Substance McGravitas, and to Righteous Bubba too.