▼

Monday, July 12, 2010

Great Moments in 16th-Century Architecture

1577: Hans Vredeman de Vries invents the telescoping portable obelisk.

1. Extended
2. Collapsed.

3. Over-extended

4.Not clear on the concept.

23 comments:

  1. I see what you did there, you transposedised the telescoping obelisk thingmy for telescopingising neliphont legs.

    Prisons feed communities!J Collins(tm).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy in #1 an appearance of the rare snouted dachshund.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever found yourself in a shallow hole with the sun going down, with the sole purpose of defending a stupid fucking tank that has thrown a tread while a regiment of NVA regulars feels like it's field day and the tank is a blue ribbon prize and oh, by the way, did I mention it's DARK and those fucks know they're likely to die and everybody pretty much hates everybody else and the whole idea is stupid and it's that whole midnight to dawn thing where everything is lit in the stuttering light of the machine guns and the sickening swing of the illum rounds and lots of people who had NOTHING to do with it die.

    And that's why the elephants were a dumb idea from the start...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a double post.

    I'm having Blogger trouble.

    Perhaps I should try Kaopectate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you hugged your neliphont today?

    redfat, really, redfat, is it a sign?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having Blogger trouble.

    Time to insert a foley.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time to insert a foley.

    Are you suggesting...

    Nah.

    Look, I'm sensitive about my, um, back door. So stop with the 'insert' 'cause it's making me squirm uncomfortably....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Number 4 illustrates an unsavoury incident in the Salted Pineapple wars of 1645.
    Belligroona the Bilious was trying to get salted pineapples to Rome across the Alps. Due to poor navigation skills and unauthorised use of the Riddled time cabinet (MIKEY) the elephant arrived in the Southern Alps of New Zealand on Winter Festival night in 1986. Hilarity ensued until the time cabinet was activated again and Pope Leonardis the 7th found that he had a pressing appointment in his bath.

    ReplyDelete
  10. RE: 1&2

    artist needs to study elephant anatomy a little better

    the penis is not on its back

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know what to say about the little flags.

    I think you can get those at a little shop in Hollywood though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mikey,
    Are elephants likely to throw a tread though? And even if they have an analogous medical problem, I imagine the broken leg page of the elephant vetinary medical guide is very similar to the one in the horse vetinary medical guide, which is to say, I hope you have access to barbecue sauce in 55 gallon drums.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the penis is not on its back

    It could not be used as a deadly weapon there.
    See also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Note to self:

    Do not borrow from SC's video collection.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Let me introduce you to Tetrapod Zoology's video collection.

    Some of the comment threads at TZ go rapidly downhill when the furries arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mikey, I don't want to make you squirm any further but I cannot leave you in ignorance. A foley goes in a different orifice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Apparently there are parts of the elephant penis that, when touched, cause the organ to flick around with enough force to knock over an unwary veterinarian or even inflict a black eye.

    I can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Believe it or don't, by contracting its retractor muscles, a boar makes its penis move in a semi-rotary fashion, and by causing this movement a mating boar can achieve ejaculation even when not thrusting the pelvis in the normal fashion.

    I can do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mikey, I don't want to make you squirm any further but I cannot leave you in ignorance

    Mikey may have thought that your were proposing to unclog him by inserting a sound-effects specialist, in which case I share his pain.

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Apparently..." "Believe it or don't..."
    Where does one need to go to get incontrovertible penis facts these days?...(mumph, mumph, mumph)

    ReplyDelete
  21. There is no penis.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Some of the comment threads at TZ go rapidly downhill when the furries arrive.

    i find it hard to conceive of anything that WOULDN'T.

    ReplyDelete