Monday, August 13, 2012

What with one thing and another

Real life has been intruding a bit and this has caused me to neglect the blogging. Smut has carried the burden like the trooper what he is. And not the funny ones on Facebook, neither.
Prominent in the things that have happened is the discovery, by me, that the laptop does not bounce much and really it's quite bad for it. The screen display was quite interesting with a large gash in the front bit allowing one to see the E qwations and the low cations zanting about. 
Then a poem came along, when I least expected and it got published.
And , of course, the blooming Olympics were everywhere that one looked. There was a sad lack of Synchronised Swimming on our Teevee but since it is the funniest thing on the planet, this is probably good for my lungs.
Then I got more part-time work involving testing of human poo samples. I know, lucky guy. However it is not too bad and so far not very gross, compared to changing the little kiwi's nappies, it's actually better. The carrot chunks in the sample incident was a little off-putting but gave the lab staff a bit of a laugh. Also, ha ha, when the centrifuge made that screeching noise, that wasn't actually me. Just sayin'
And now... it appears that disabling the anti-tracking thingo I can see the side bars on "Riddled" just like me mum can, which is nice.
But anyway, back to the blancmange.

 

14 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Who are you?

Hamish Mack said...

Never you mind, lurchy.

mikey said...

Lemme know if you run low and need another poo sample.

I seem to have a surplus...

Smut Clyde said...

I've been carrying a *burden*?
I could have sworn I was told it was 'bourbon'.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Give it a glass of wine and it should be better in a couple months. (Buying a new one speeds the healing process, by the way.)
~

wiley said...

Joy! A published poem. Congrats!

M. Bouffant said...

Oh, testing, testing, yes, of course ...

I really do need a new pair of cheaters.

So now you have two part-time gigs?

Hamish Mack said...

Yes MB, most emphatically TESTING. Two part-time gigs in the same lab. It must make sense to someone.Thanks to Mikey but, really, we have enough.
I thought it was the Kings of Leon, Smut.
Thanks Wiley.

Smut Clyde said...

Now some people might take MB's comment as an excuse to link to appropriate imagery, but not me.

Hamish Mack said...

It seems that the accuracy of targeting of the curse "Eat shit and die" was never very good.

Substance McGravitas said...

Synchronized swimming is SCARY.

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

So you think synchronized swimming is silly? What an asshole!

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

BTW, congrats on the published poem. That is amazing. Could you point me to which one?

Hamish Mack said...

Here VS
I would watch Synchronised Swimming ahead of any sport except Soccer.