Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A girl so strange, I lost my head

The Wackyweedia informs me that this supernatural entity is known as the Penanggalan in the Malay Peninsula. Among the Balinese it is called the Leyak, and in Thailand it is called the Krasue.
Evangeline Van Holsteren informs me that this is the ADD generation and the young people of today expect constant visual stimulation with lots of moving pictures. OK, check out the Yootuba and there may be footage from Mystics in Bali. However, true aficianados of the "Levitating head with trailing entrails" horror-movie genre prefer Witch with Flying Head, probably because it is only available in an undubbed hard-to-come-by VHS transfer.

5 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

So Klavan made a pact with the Devil.

This does not surprise me, but what supernatural powers did he gain, besides the ability to make a fool of himself?
~

Substance McGravitas said...

The power of Infallible Insight Into Cartoons.

Hamish Mack said...

Admittedly, I didn't give it my full attention, but I don't remember that scene in Toy Story 37 or whatever.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Among the Balinese it is called the Leyak, and in Thailand it is called the Krasue.

In the United States, it is known as the Maglalang, and sometimes appears on cable TV.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Peter Garrett is a saint now?