Saturday, November 13, 2010

Great mines stink alike

Someone is selling a crappy little "Black Death European Tour" T-shirt.


Let the record show that back in August 2000 I was making my own crappy little Black Death T-shirt, to wear when attending the ECVP conference in Groningen.

Then M$ updated the piece of unmitigated shite formerly known as Publisher, and perhaps they blocked some of the memory leaks and unpredictable crashing to which version 2 was prone, but version 3.0 would no longer read the files.

Now, though, Zamzar is happy to convert those old .pub files into PDF format, so I can see the outcome again for the first time in a decade.


Teh fonts are out of whack but it's GEFGW.

10 comments:

Willy said...

That's an awesome design. I see you did that with iron-on. May I use the design to print a shirt via silkscreen*? (Surely you'd like one or two also.) Normally I'd just steal what I find but I respect you and this design enough to ask permission.

*I'm strictly noncommercial. It's a hobby.

mikey said...

I'm confused. Shouldn't it be "Big Black Death" or "Black Death II" or "Return of the Black Death", something paying homage to the Plague of 540 - you know, the one that depopulated Constantinople but was nowhere NEAR virulent enough to actually kill Justinian?

Another Kiwi said...

Visually, at least, there appears to be a strong resemblance between Aerosmith and The Black Death.

Unknown said...

I for one would like my own Indian version.

tedrolog, cannot tell you this.

Smut Clyde said...

May I use the design to print a shirt via silkscreen?
Go for it. I got inspired to muck around with the files -- turning them into documents, sorting out the typefaces and saving them as pdfs again. Results are uploaded here:
Front and
back.

Shouldn't it be "Big Black Death"
OK, it's a reunion tour.

Unknown said...

Lovin' that.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

The one I saw back in the day had the caption, "The rat's back, and he's ready to party."

I believe the Benedictines were putting out "Black Death World Tour" surplices as merch. as early as the mid-fifteenth century.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Black Blade?

Smut Clyde said...

Oh noes, is the reaper!

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Blue Oyster Lolcatz.