Sunday, August 28, 2011

Grey-eyed Athene, guide my hand to the right-sized Allen key

A daring re-imagining of the Trojan Horse episode of the Aeneid?
Or a cheap-arsed attempt to save money on props by using the bovine coal-bot teaching aid we bought second-hand from Cowtech University (the air compressor has broken down and needs Greenish Hugh at the back lending a hand with the bellows)? Only the Riddled Amateur Dramatic Society knows for sure.

We spent most of the first rehearsals digging an escape tunnel, due to an entirely understandable confusion such as anyone might make with a different wooden-horse story, but the script has now been changed. Another Kiwi reckons it would be more authentic if the driver is half-undressed. I suspect he's leading up to a joke about "The Topless Tower of Ilium".

Whoops, there goes tigris again. We told her to be careful near the trebuchet.
IKEA kitset reindeer
A passing thought: European literature would have developed along quite different lines if IKEA had existed three millennia ago, and the besieging Greeks had attempted to breach the defenses of Troy by leaving a flat-pack wooden-horse kitset outside the gates.

12 comments:

Hamish Mack said...

See, that's entertainment! Daisy the regurgitating cow is real find, ain't she? You feed her apples and she sicks them up, cored and sliced in two.
Note to Greenish Hugh: try not to look as though you are enjoying it, quite as much.

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

Well, you know, I find it helps not to have q deer head on your penis if you are trying to remain inconspicuous.

ckc (not kc) said...

I know it's an allegory (and fat), but it makes me think immediately of the Santa Claus parade here in my home town (also an allegory).

PS the Greeks would have won as the Trojans would have killed each other trying to assemble the damned horse

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I know it's an allegory (and fat), but it makes me think immediately of the Santa Claus parade here in my home town (also an allegory).

You gots cow-riding Santas?

ckc (not kc) said...

(I SAID it was an allegory - that's the same as a made-up story, no?)

mikey said...

Casual observation would indicate that the cow only has a slow leak, and the fine tea party fellow charged with keeping her inflated is perhaps overenthusiastic in his efforts, resulting in bits of the inflatable cow being ejected, probably contributing to the slow leak in the first place.

I am, frankly, a little concerned about what that man with the goose on his head is doing to that tiny horse - is he able to get away with such vicious turpitude due to his being better armed than the rest?

I think perhaps there is some air defense capability operating nearby, also, as the flying woman in the upper right has clearly lost her shoes, her headband and her bugle. She's not going to make it back to home base, I fear...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I'm just happy to be in the parade playin' the drums.
~

Whale Chowder said...

I just want to know how you guys found my PENIS tattoo.

It was SUPPOSED to be a surprise.

tigris said...

It's great that Greenish Hugh discovered how force-feeding the cow from the hind end pops the muffins out the front! Intermission snack problem SOLVED!

Hamish Mack said...

I just want to know how you guys found my PENIS tattoo.
It was SUPPOSED to be a surprise.


Ah well, perhaps putting the photos on "Rate my Wanger.com" wasn't the best road to travel, then.

Whale Chowder said...

Well? Hot or Not?

Hamish Mack said...

Certainly looked like it had been boiled.