▼

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Scanner Darkly -- The Outtakes #1

Bob Arctor was not convinced that a scramble suit for an entire building was an effective way of concealing the Department.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I hope that Another Kiwi gets back from holiday soon. Running out of ideas, and also single malt -- he has the card for the Riddled account at the bottle store.

UPDATE: Bonus Megastore Gasometer.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I have also added drag-&-drop spiders pubic lice to mollify certain commentors. You know who you are.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

40 comments:

  1. Oh my... when does the fountain gush out of the top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now trying doing THAT with an Andreas Gursky image. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're holding a couple'o jugs of Laphroaig, a couple more of brandy, some gin, a great big bottle of Sake and a baggie of medicinal marijuana that truly frightens me.

    Come on over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. when does the fountain gush out of the top?
    Hmmph. First I was going to animate the Bechers' "Gas-Holder" sequence, but the rhythmic way they rise and fall looks a bit organic, and I thought "No -- someone will read a lewd meaning from that. Needn't have bothered.

    a couple'o jugs of Laphroaig, a couple more of brandy, some gin
    That would work as an animated sequence.

    an Andreas Gursky image
    Saw his show 6 months ago at the Vancouver Art Gallery. I gloat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No -- someone will read a lewd meaning from that.

    Yeah, I'm sure your animation intentions were pure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should submit these images to the good people of accidental dong, although these dongs are no accident!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your animation intentions were pure.

    But of course. They are the Animations of Morality whereof Wordsworth wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes a throbbing, pulsating, erect tower is just a throbbing, pulsating, erect tower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't help but think that, in the interest of comity on this little weblog, you might have wanted to add in a flexible, er, sheath over the bulge at the top.

    Because if SOME people (and I think you know very well of whom I speak) start thinking you're endorsing circumcision in ANY case (except, perhaps, the life of the mutha), you're gonna have all sorts of foreskin-based mayhem on these comment pages.

    Gnome Sane?

    ReplyDelete
  10. the ladders and windows are a nice addition (for the gawkers)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Needs more shrubbery around the base.

    ReplyDelete
  12. if SOME people start thinking you're endorsing circumcision in ANY case
    It is partially retracted. No foreskin holocaust here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't help but think that those are spinning.

    A handy technique. Or I've been drinking again. Hard to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...some gasometers, notably in Vienna, have been converted into living space and a shopping mall.

    ...waltz me away from these open flames, Johann

    ReplyDelete
  15. The big one in Oberhausen is now an exhibition space.
    Damn. This is triggering currywurst cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Needs more shrubbery around the base.
    I can offer some drag-&-drop pubic lice DISGUISED AS SPIDERS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Running out of ideas, and also single malt...

    Not a coincidence.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, what, is it MY fault that 'johnson' rhymes with 'wisconsin'?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Has the good Herr Docktor viewed the radidly changing water towers under the influence of a handful of soma? Did an identity merge take place with the afore mentioned water tower?

    ReplyDelete
  20. ...well, whose fault do YOU think it is.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can offer some drag-&-drop pubic lice DISGUISED AS SPIDERS.

    *taps toe impatiently*

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can offer some drag-&-drop pubic lice DISGUISED AS SPIDERS.

    The dragging and dropping has proved to be more fun than it should be... I'm ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jennifer is OK with spiders as long as SHE IS IN CONTROL.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Y'know, I had no idea that those storage thingies were called 'gasometers'.

    I always thought a gasometer was something they installed in your pants to monitor your flatulence.

    From Zimmer Frames to demented architects to gasometers, I have learned a great deal of critically important facts from this fine little weblog...

    ReplyDelete
  25. demented architects

    I suspect I should be taking offense at that....

    ReplyDelete
  26. I realize that this will fall like the thud of a dead feral baby around here, but I have to confess that taken outside of the fit-inducing animation, I find the architecture of these kind of things quite compelling....

    The more contemporary steel-framed ones are particularly elegant.

    you folk can go back to your weirdness now. I will shamble back to my drafting program.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Here's a particularly fine conversion:

    http://www.madlmayr.at/blog/wp-content/myfotos/2008_04_11_Stuttgart/Gasometer_b.jpg

    I love the way the new portions seem to be nearly embracing the old, the fine, lightweight modern elements dancing with the stolid platonic form of the old....
    but then, Imma zombie.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The facial hair looks great on the top of the spinning penis, which is completely unlike any fantasy scenario I am contemplating.

    ReplyDelete
  29. demented architects
    I suspect I should be taking offense at that....

    If it is the redundancy that offends, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The more contemporary steel-framed ones are particularly elegant.

    You've seen Idris Khan's versions, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Crad for liquor cabinet in escrotier (fancy writing desk). PIN is 1234 which is NOT the releasing poison gas code, at all.

    ReplyDelete
  33. RELEASE THE POISON GAS, YOU SUICIDAL GOONS!! ZOMBIES ARE IMMUNE!!!

    ReplyDelete